Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: UFC's Ross Pearson hints at possible drop to featherweight
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:06 pm 
Special

Ross Pearson (12-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) is considering a move to the featherweight division.

The British fighter, who won "The Ultimate Fighter 9" as a lightweight, won four of his first five UFC fights.

However, following a recent split-decision defeat to Edson Barboza at UFC 134, the 26-year-old stated that he's considering a move from 155 to 145 pounds.

"I will do a test run an keep u all posted on how I do at making 145lbs," he tweeted. "Need to sit down speak to UFC and coaches see what they think."

Pearson, a veteran of the U.K. fight scene, joined the U.S. vs. U.K. season of the UFC's reality series and breezed through his "TUF" competition. He knocked out A.J. Wenn, submitted Richie Whitson and then scored a unanimous-decision victory over Jason Dent to qualify for the finale against Andre Winner. There, he scored a 29-28 decision victory for the "TUF 9" title.

After the successful "TUF" run, he defeated Aaron Riley, Dennis Siver and Spencer Fisher with a lone setback (via submission) to a tough Cole Miller. The well-rounded fighter then suffered the close split-decision defeat to Barboza in a "Fight of the Night" performance this past month.

Pearson, a taekwondo black belt and judo brown belt, trains at Team Rough House overseas and in the U.S. with Alliance MMA, the home of UFC bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz and light-heavyweight contender Phil Davis, among others.

The UFC's featherweight division currently is ruled by champ Jose Aldo, who puts his belt on the line against Kenny Florian next month.

Source: UFC's Ross Pearson hints at possible drop to featherweight division

Post subject: Re: UFC's Ross Pearson hints at possible drop to featherweight
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:10 am 
Site Admin

I hope this will be a better weightclass for him! I like his personality, would be a shame to see him get dropped by UFC.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]